AAAMP - Upcoming Events & Application Deadlines - Nakongewinigìjig (Thanksgiving Day)
This is the Nakongewinigìjig (Thanksgiving Day)* edition of the AAAMP newsletter.
Events and Applications-Registrations deadlines are included here;
a follow-up will include news stories and media pieces.
Please scroll down to see if there is anything of interest...
To read this as a webpost, or share on social media, see:
To contribute items to the newsletter, any feedback, or to subscribe,
please email: email@example.com
Algonquin Anishinaabeg Aki Media Project (AAAMP)
* Algonquin Word of the Day #AWOTD courtesy of CKWE 103.9FM Kitigan Zibi:
APPLICATIONS and REGISTRATIONS - DEADLINES:
By Nov 30: A.P.E. Fund $1000 grants, Jane Goodall Institute of Canada
Animals, People, and the Environment - Indigenous Perspectives stream
By Oct 18: Back Story Film-making Workshop (Ottawa, Nov 2-24 weekends)
For Members of the IBPOC and 2SLGBTQ+ Communities
By Oct 18: register for City of Ottawa Public Art Workshop #3 (Oct 26)
"For artists with studio practices but who have little experience with public art, this workshop will introduce attendees to the public art process and the challenges involved in winning a commission."
By ASAP this week: National Art Gallery hiring Animators / Interpreters
"Delivering education and public programs; leading family activities and summer camps; gathering data; assisting with special educational events."
Hours will vary. Priority for Indigenous Applicants.
* Contact for more info: firstname.lastname@example.org
Filming of feature film 'Bootlegger' in Kitigan Zibi
* Directed by Caroline Monnet, Produced by Microclimat Films
Oct 09 - Nov 24: 'Mooniyang' animated projection by Caroline Monnet
Each evening after dusk, at UQAM Pavillon Président-Kennedy (Montreal)
* READ interview on this project and Monnet's other work, at:
Oct 12-13: Anishinabe Nibin at Gatineau Park (Chelsea)
*READ news article and photos from October 12:
Oct 19: Lifting Women's Hearts - Powwow Honoring MMIWG2S (Ottawa)
* In celebration of Minwaashin Lodge 25th anniversary
Karen McBride and her book "Crow Winter" at writers' festivals
* Oct 22 + 24, Vancouver:
* Oct 26, Toronto:
* Oct 29, Ottawa:
** READ a profile on McBride and her work, from Univ of Toronto:
Oct 22-27: imagineNATIVE Film + Media Arts Festival (20th annual) Toronto
* Including 'Industry Days': "For Indigenous creatives and industry professionals looking to engage networking opportunities with decision-makers at panels, pitching events, workshops and master classes on the art, craft and business of media arts -- from an Indigenous perspective."
Oct 25 - Nov 3: Events for Aspiring Authors, at Toronto Festival of Authors
Oct 25-26: Eve Film Festival (Ottawa)
* FRIDAY Opening Night - Womxn Only - Mixer
* SATURDAY Womxn in Film panel; Womxn in Film speed mentoring + lunch
Nov 7: Exhibition opening – Àbadakone | Continuous Fire | Feu continuel
at National Art Gallery (Ottawa). Exhibit features 70 Indigenous artists.
Algonquin Anishinaabeg Aki Media Project [AAAMP]
Email newsletter (subscribe!) + web posts: